Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: 414 or 420A

  1. #11
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ZilchLab:
    ...Or 14s.... forums [/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll bite.

    ??

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member zelgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2002
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "Good score zellgall, sometimes those vicious rumors work in a guy's favor."

    I do my best to spread these kinds of rumors. I find it financially satisfying. Years ago Heath amps were a poor choice for the discriminating audiophile. I had a pair of W3AMs that I got for $20CDN (that was when our money was worth nothing) I told everyone they were junk and bought a pair of W4Ms for $50 and a couple of Heath pre amps for $20. If the market says it's good, I can't afford it. My only alternative is widespread deceit.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Keep at it. You could be a guru (or politician) in no time!

    Stromberg Carlson AU36s are my fave sleepers. Course I wouldn't say that if I didn't already have 4. Reeeal nice 4x6L6, copperclad chassis (under that ugly paint), excellent iron...never paid over $40 incl frt.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member zelgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2002
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Another cheapo with good iron is Dominion Electrohome made up here in the great white north. The integrateds are usually 6bq5 amps and the transformers are really nice. They look so ugly people will pay you to take them away. I'm also looking for Trio receivers for the iron. It's good with PP 6em7's for an amp to run your 802/811s.
    I feel so cheap now.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did Electrohome do TVs too? Or was that a different co.?

    Ever bump into any Northern Electric stuff?

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member zelgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2002
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Electrohome did TVs at one point but sold the profitable division to another company and stuck with the part that would eventually drive them under. I used to see northern electric stuff but I was too stupid to buy it at the time. Sounded like the phone company and not like Western Electric's Canadian division. I ended up getting a lot of info and instruction from a retired western electric engineer that was married to my ex's aunt. Great guy with bad family ties.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member ZilchLab's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2007
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by bfish:
    I'll bite.

    ??
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[ame="http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11317"]Something like this, maybe....[/ame]

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ January 27, 2008 02:02 PM: Message edited by: ZilchLab ]</font>

  8. #18
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gotcha. forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.